Set up the ETA at checkout
Showing your customers the estimated delivery date of an order at checkout can boost your conversion rate. With Bigblue, you can now surface precise delivery dates in your checkout to let customers know exactly when their product will arrive. Find everything you need to know about it in this article.
What will it look like?
Here's a preview of how your checkout will look like!
How do I set up the feature?
You can activate it via your Shopify shop settings in the Bigblue app.
What if the feature is not working?
1. Update Bigblue app rights
Make sure that you updated Bigblue's permissions towards Shopify in the Bigblue app.
2. If the feature is still not working, see our troubleshooting guide at the end of this article.
We don't handle discount codes in shipping methods calculations
Bigblue's ETA at checkout is relying on the Shopify Carrier Service API that enables the injection of shipping and pricing data. This API however does not collect data about product discounts. As a result, if you're enabling Bigblue's ETA at checkout and are using discount codes, your customers may get free shipping while the minimum order amount is not reached.
- You created a shipping method that is free for orders above 50€.
- Your customer buys for 55€ but has a discount code of 10% hence the real value of the order is 49.5€.
- The free shipping will be displayed because the order value we get from Shopify is 55€.
This limitation is unfortunate and has been reported to Shopify by the Shopify community as you can see here. Do not hesitate to upvote that issue so it can be prioritised!
- Who can use this feature? The ETA at checkout feature is available for Shopify accounts paying the carrier service API.
- In which languages is the feature available? The language is chosen based on Shopify's displayed language in your customer’s browser. The feature is available in French, English, Spanish and German. To understand how languages are managed in Shopify you can refer to this article from their HelpCenter.
- Which countries are covered? All countries are covered, depending on your shop shipping method zones and Bigblue carrier's covered zones.
- Which carriers are covered? All carriers are covered.
If you've updated the Bigblue app rights, but the feature is still not working, here is what you can do.
1. Force a Bigblue app update
Directly in the Shopify admin:
- Go to the apps page, then click on "Bigblue - All in one logistics",
- then "I already have a Bigblue account".
2. Do you have the proper shopify plan?
In order for our ETA at checkout feature to work properly, please make sure you have the correct Shopify plan.
To check that, please go to your Shopify settings > Shipping and delivery > scroll to the bottom.If you see in the "enable third-party calculated rates at checkout" with upgrade your plan, then you have to change you plan.
If you see the section "Carrier accounts" then all good!
3. Add the carrier app rate in Shopify
- Go to your Shopify store Settings > Shipping & Delivery > Manage rates
- In France zone, click on Add rate then pick Use carrier or app to calculate rates, choose Bigblue (rates provided by app) in the dropdown selection.
- Tick all shipping methods under Services. Then, tick Automatically show new shipping services to customers when they become available under "Future services"
- Then, choose in which shipping method (Pickup delivery, expedition standard), you want to display the ETA and tick the last box about future services.
4. Remove additional custom rates
Additional custom rates, also known as shipping profiles, prevent Bigblue from computing ETA by considering the right carriers. In this case, the ETA isn't computed and no ETA is injected.
- Go to your Shopify store Settings > Shipping & Delivery
Manage the custom shipping rate, ensure that you don't need it anymore and remove it.
5. Verify that the orders are managed by Bigblue
Go to your Shop integration page on the Bigblue app and check that "Auto-fulfill orders" is on.
If the option is disabled on purpose and/or can't be enabled, please contact our customer care team!