Days of inventory remaining
In this article, we will explore how Days of inventory report enable you to proactively anticipate inventory requirements and prevent stockouts. By customizing the reference sales period, you can effectively account for sales seasonality and gain more accurate insights for inventory planning.
- Sales period: Adjust your inventory forecast by choosing different sales periods.
- Warehouse: Specify the warehouse for which you are tracking your inventory forecast.
- Available: Number of available units of the SKU in the specified warehouse (= not damaged, not reserved to an order)
- Incoming units: Number of expected units of the specific contained in a inbound-shipment whose status is Pending, Arrived or Offloading.
- Average daily sales: In the specified warehouse
- Days of inventory remaining: Estimation of how long your inventory will last. Calculated as follows: Total quantity of items in inventory (Available) divided by the average daily sales, from the last 30 days.
- If a product has a negative available quantity, then its days of inventory remaining value is set to 0
- If a product did not have any sales in the last 30 days (average daily sales = 0), its "Days remaining" value will be N/A (not enough data to make an estimation)
- If a product has a low volume of sales currently but a high number of items in inventory (e.g., new products), the number of Days of inventory remaining will be high. Therefore, the value will be rounded up to +365 days
This report is currently only available for few merchants. Please contact us and/or your account manager if you are interested.