Edit/Cancel/Delete an order
Wondering when and how an order can be edited, cancelled, or deleted?
Look no further because here you will find the answers to the most important questions:
- When can I edit, cancel or delete an order?
- Can I determine an order's transmission time?
- How can I edit an order?
- How can I cancel or delete an order?
1. When can I edit, cancel, or delete an order?
It is possible to do so only before the order is transmitted to the warehouse, i.e. only when the order status is No fulfillment, Backorder, or Pending.
⚠️ If the order status is Pending, you need to also check the fulfillment status: once this switches from Pending to Transmitted the order will no longer be modifiable!
When is an order transmitted to the warehouse?
Once a fulfillment has been created (check out this article for more information on fulfillment creation), the order is transmitted at the next synchronization between Bigblue and the warehouse.
Synchronisations take place daily, from Monday to Friday, at 2h55 - 5h55 - 9h55 - 11h55 CET. On Sundays, there is an additional synchronisation that takes place at 18h00 CET.
2. Can I determine an order's transmission time?
Absolutely! By configuring your Automated fulfillment settings, you can determine when a fulfillment is created and so when the order is transmitted.
If you've enabled auto-fulfillment, you have two options:
- Customize the buffer time between an order's submission and its fulfillment's creation by choosing the Auto-fulfill delay that suits you best (check out this article for more information). This setting will apply to all orders transmitted through your shop.
- For a specific order, disable the Auto-fulfilled by Bigblue option on the order's page by unticking it, then fulfill the order manually or reschedule the fulfillment if possible. (Check out our article on how to fulfill orders.)
⚠️ We strongly encourage you to enable auto-fulfillment as manual fulfillment can be time-consuming!
3. How can I edit an order?
When on an order's page, you can make the modifications listed below by clicking on Edit on the top right corner of each section.
⚠️ Always remember to click on Save changes at the bottom right corner!
Modify the order's content
In the Order section you can:
- Modify the quantity, unit price, unit tax, and total discount for each line item.
- Delete an order item or add a new one.
- Fulfill a line item by ticking the box on the left of the item's name, then clicking on Fulfill selected lines.
- Modify the currency in which the prices will appear.
- Modify the order's shipping price, shipping tax, and total discount.
Modify the fulfillment(s)
Each order can have one or more fulfillments. In each fulfillment section you can:
- Modify the Fulfillment Date by accessing the drop-down menu.
- Modify the carrier and the order's priority.
- Delete or add a new line item.
⚠️ If auto-fulfillment is enabled it will override your fulfillment modifications. Remember to first untick the Auto-fulfilled by Bigblue option under Shipping method, then edit the order's fulfillment!
Modify customer details
In the Customer section you can:
- Modify the customer's personal information.
- Modify their shipping and billing addresses by clicking on Open.
⚠️ Please note that Bigblue team members will not be able to modify any address for you.
Modify the shipping method
In the Shipping method section you can:
- Tick/Untick the Auto-fulfilled by Bigblue option to enable/disable your auto-fulfillment settings for this specific order.
- Choose a pickup point, if the chosen carrier delivers to pickup points.
Modify the language of the tracking emails
In the Language section, the language you choose will trigger the appropriate tracking emails for your client.
4. How can I cancel or delete an order?
Cancelling an order
You can cancel an order through your e-shop or through Bigblue by hovering over the 3 dots on the top right corner of an order's page, then clicking on Cancel.
By cancelling an order, all of the order's fulfillments will be cancelled and the order's status will switch to Order Cancelled.
⚠️ Once an order is cancelled, fulfillments can no longer be created.
Cancelling a fulfillment
If you wish to keep the order but substitute the existing fulfillment, you can simply cancel the fulfillment. Then, you can create a new fulfillment.
Following a fulfillment's cancellation, the order's status will switch to Ful. Cancelled.
⚠️ If auto-fulfillment is enabled, you need to first untick the Auto-fulfilled by Bigblue option, and then cancel the existing fulfillment. Otherwise, a new fulfillment will automatically be created.
Deleting an order
Deleting an order means removing it from the Orders page.
You can delete an order only if it has been created manually and if no fulfillment has been created. This can be done by hovering over the 3 dots on the top right corner of an order's page, then clicking on Delete